Video - Cook Brushes Criticism Aside

Wednesday 21 August 2013

England captain Alastair Cook has brushed aside criticism of his captaincy, saying he is proud of his record with Test series wins against India, New Zealand and now Australia behind him.

The most outspoken critic of his captaincy was former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne, but asked what he made of such comments, Cook emphasised that this sort of thing is what makes cricket so interesting.

"I think as an England captain, or a captain of any international side, (criticism) has to be water off a duck's back," he said.

"It has to be because quite rightly everyone has an opinion about how you do things. I think that's one of the beauties of cricket, that you've all got different opinions about it and it would be wrong to all think the same."

He as then quizzed about his own form with the bat. A return of a brace of half-centuries in the series falls below what many would expect of Cook, particularly as he enjoyed a dream series with the bat in Australia in 2010/11.

The Essex man is not fazed, however, adding: "I have given my batting just as much attention as I would do if I wasn't captain so that's certainly not the reason that I haven't scored the runs I would like to have done in this series.

"Sometimes it's the natural ebb and flow of form. Things haven't been quite as good this summer as they have been for the last couple of years. All I can do is know that my record suggests I will score runs and I've done that in the past."

England lead the series 3-0 heading into the fifth and final Test at The Oval tomorrow (21st August).

Video courtesy of SNTV

© Cricket World 2013


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

Links

Links